Spotlight On: Hudson Taylor


Hey guys,

Oh me oh my. Today I'm once again really excited because I already know a lot of you are going to enjoy the music I want to introduce today.

Hudson Taylor is a duo consisting of the brothers Alfie and Harry from Dublin, Ireland.
Two lads with a lot of passion and even more talent to make music.
They started out busking on the streets of Dublin and continued recording videos on their YouTube channel throughout the years which had over 4.5 million views by now.

Besides cover versions of famous tracks they also perform their originals and have released quite a few tunes.

Releases:
Battles EP (2012)
Cinematic Lifestyle EP (2012)
Osea EP (2013)
Battles II EP (2014)

Title track of their newest release 'Battles' was the first song I've heard from them and the song that absolutely soaked me in.
It's a warm and energetic folk-rock track with strong lead vocals, brilliantly working harmonies and a full instrumentation which dares you to move. The up beat tempo supported by energetic percussions combined with a haunting piano taking over the song every now and then and a violin that gives the song so much grip and intensity.
The highlight in my opinion is the chorus towards the end when all instruments stop and the guys sing acapella before bursting into a full instrumentation again. Magic!

Make sure to check out this acoustic version as well as the studio version down below, you won't regret it!
I'm sure we will hear a lot from them in the future.







Hudson Taylor online: Website | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube


Thank you for reading!




Credits // Text: Vanessa Jertschewske | Photography: Hudson Taylor Facebook | Videography: Barn On The Farm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)