On Tour With: The Arkanes // part IV



Hey guys!

I am in love with photography.

Nowadays it's normal to take pictures with digital cameras or phones. You end up with tons of pictures which you are most likely to store electronically.

What I love about that is being able to take as many pictures as you want/need to end up with the perfect result.

But I grew up with analog cameras which do the same job but are completely different. You only have a limited amount of pictures on your film, so you end up being more careful when it comes to taking the pictures.
I love that because it challenges me to think about the picture I want to take even more than I already would - how do I compose it? What shall be in the focus? Which is the right angle? Etc.

My favourite way of photographing analog is using instant cameras, also known as polaroid cameras.
You take the picture, it comes out of the camera, you let it develop for a certain amount of time, et voilà - you've got the finished product.

The instant camera I use is the FujiFilm Instax Mini 8.

(I've done a whole post about it before, read it here.)

Now, before I dig a bit too deep into the photography talk, let's get to the actual point of this post.

At the end of March I went on tour with The Arkanes, a four piece rock band from Liverpool, England. I have already shared "a day on tour" with you, tons and tons of behind the scenes impressions and photos of the gigs. (Read the previous posts to learn more about the band.)

Besides all of that, I also managed to take a lot of polaroids. They were actually just for fun, for private use, simply just for myself to have even more memories from tour.

But they all turned out so lovely so I really want to share them with you. I think the instax posts are slowly but surely becoming a signature thing for HITS.

The pictures don't really document the whole tour but I think they give you an extra insight of what it was like.


24th March 2015, Berlin: Day off in Berlin, oh what tourist-y photo that is!
I feel very at home in Berlin and absolutely enjoyed having an entire day there to just walk around and relax. That day it was just Jake, Chris, Brophy and me hanging out together.


 
25th March 2015, Berlin: Introduced the tour crew to macarons, everyone loved them!
If you're in Berlin, I suggest visiting "Macarons De Stéphane", a super lovely place with the nicest staff and most delicious macarons in town!
 

 
26th March 2015, Wilhelmshaven: That's what rock'n'roll on the road looks like: Christmas themed blankets and loads of sleep.


  
26th March 2015, sea side: This is what some time off at the beach looks like with The Arkanes. 
Exactly, there's no such thing as time off.


  
26th March 2015, sea side: During the little band photo shooting.


  
26th March 2015, sea side: Lads...


 
27th March 2015, between Oldenburg and Burgrieden: A typical day in the van.


 
28th March 2015, Burgrieden: They call us legends. Because we are.


 
28th March 2015, Burgrieden: Breakfast at Riffelhof, one of the greatest venues I've ever been to.


 
28th March 2015, Burgrieden: This is what you look like after one week of touring together.


 
28th March 2015, between Burgrieden and Olten: A not so typical van memory...


 
28th March 2015, between Burgrieden and Olten: Everyone fell in love with the view on our way to Switzerland. This fella stole my camera.


 
28th March 2015, Swiss border: Ironically red and white are the colours of the Swiss flag. 
Dress to impress.


 
28th March 2015, Olten: Spot on decor at Coq d'Or in Olten, Switzerland.


 
28th March 2015, Olten: 99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 98 bottles of beer on the wall. 
(I won't continue, don't worry!)


 
28th March 2015, Olten: Drums.


 
28th March 2015, Olten: Guitars.


 
28th March 2015, Olten: Bass pedals.


 
28th March 2015, Olten: Drummers of rock bands play the triangle. Just saying.


 
28th March 2015, Olten: And then I took over.


 
28th March 2015, Olten: Dylan and Einstein. Casual.


 
29th March 2015, home: It doesn't get more rock'n'roll than that.


 29th March 2015, home: Tired faces and a horsie.




And that's it with the polaroid fun!
I really hope you enjoyed!


The Arkanes online: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Soundcloud




Thank you for reading! 






Credits // Text: Vanessa Jertschewske | Photography: pictures were taken by Vanessa Jertschewske & all members of The Arkanes

2 comments:

  1. Olten Drums;.. Great Band Name... Ss'gud dat lad..

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! :)